If you are reading this and you know about Lume Cube and use their products, you probably have heard about the new Lume Cube Panel Mini.
So it’s no secret that I am a fan of Lume Cube lights, especially for toy photography.
Before you watch the video, there were two things that didn’t mention in it.
1: The Panel Mini is not waterproof like the original Lume Cubes and the Air VC. But I don’t think this is an issue. It’s powerful enough to hold a fair distance away from a scene if you are spraying water for a rain effect, and I personally wouldn’t use it in water anyway.
2: It doesn’t work with the Lume Cube app. Although this feature would be nice, the simple design and interface make up for the lack of connectivity with your smartphone. To be honest, I didn’t give this much thought and was happy to use it manually.
For me, this is a really nice addition to my lighting arsenal. It’s a larger light source than the cubes, that can be softened with a rubber scrim attachment, and it can also deliver very low light intensity.
So without further ado, here is my review. ENJOY!
I ❤️ a great photo ? out the box ideas ? & awesome toys ?• and if I make you smile ? AWESOME ? •
More Lume Cube Posts
- See Studio Dave’s review of the Lume Cube Panel Mini for some contrasting opinions
- How to Light your Dragon… The Lume Cube 2.0 Is Here!
- Luming the Cube: Lume Cube 2.0 Impressions
- Lume Cube – a review with the toy photographer in mind
- Lume Cube Light Shaping Tools: A Review
- Podcast 30 – Interview with Lume Cube’s Trevor Farrow