Woo hoo! Its time to register for the San Francisco Toy Photographers Safari! This event is happening in less than three months and I couldn’t be more excited! Your safari hosts, Dennis and Melissa Taylor and I, are finalizing our plans and we hope you are too!
If you’re not familiar with what a toy photographer’s safari is, simply put, it’s four days of camaraderie and friendship that revolves around the activity of taking photos of toys. Our last two meet-ups, Las Vegas in 2015 and Seattle in 2016, where a ton of fun and we expect this one to be just as awesome!
- Dates: May 11-14th
- Hotel: Four Points by Sheraton San Rafael (or somewhere near by)
- Cost: $45
- Limited to 50 registered participants.
- Registration fee is fully refundable until April 20th
Perks of Registration
- Invite to our meet and greet on Thursday evening at Google headquarters, hosted by the fine folks at G+. (food will be provided)
- Participate in the White Elephant Gift Exchange (optional)
- Participate in the Photo Exchange (optional)
- Photo contests on all four days with prizes provided by The LEGO Group
Did i mention swag bags?
- You will receive a custom mini figure created by Krash_Override to commemorate the weekend
- Cool and unique swag from the Google / G+ crew
- Awesome swag from The LEGO Group
- Badge with custom lanyard
- Itinerary and Maps so you can successfully find and navigate between photography locations. We don’t want you to get lost!
- …and anything else we can rustle up in the next three months.
I’ve set up a G+ community to help coordinate room sharing and carpooling. All participants will be encouraged to join this community, share travel details (if neccessary) and organize toy shenanigans in advance. I will be posting information on what to pack, photo locations, help with lodging, and generally answering all your Photo Safari questions.
Every toy photography safari is a chance to make new friends and meet amazing photographers you may only know by their online handles. This is a unique opportunity to hang out with your friends in a supportive and fun environment. Tell your friends, because the more the merrier!
I want to encourage photographers of all photos styles, toy preference and skill levels to attend. Like past photo safaris, this is an all inclusive event. Personally, I’ve found that I learn so much from my fellow photographers about style, toys and technique that its like a four day master class in toy photography. You don’t want to miss out!
If this weekend sounds EXCITING to you, then I encourage you to register using the directions below. If you have any questions, please contact me or leave a comment.
Unikitty and I are excited to see you in a few weeks!
To register, please send an email with the following information to: Corbett.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email address or best way to contact you
- Social media platform of choice
- Your ‘name’ on that social media platform
- What city, state, county do you live in / are traveling from?
- Where will you be staying?
- Will you have a car?
- Will you need help with lodging / roommate or transportation?
- How did you hear about this event?
- Any other questions you may have.
This is an open event and all toy photographs are welcome to meet up and photograph on location.
Thank you to G+ and The LEGO Group for their sponsorship and continued support of The Toy Photographers Blog.