Heads up faithful community! The LEGO Group is hosting an Easter contest – complete with prizes! Yup, they’re sponsoring a world wide photo contest and you’re invited to participate.
Ten lucky winners will be drawn at random from a flickr pool of images and awarded a “goodie bag with LEGO related Easter awesomeness and a medium sized LEGO set on top.” The deadline to enter the contest is April 16th.
1. Take an Easter themed LEGO picture
2. Upload and share the image online to your usual social media platforms like Flickr, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook etc and use the hashtag #LEGOEaster (and of course our tag #Toy_Photographers!)
3. Share your images in the Flickr Pool “RLUG #LEGOEaster Campaign” as your raffle ticket for the Lucky Draw
4. Put your first name and your RLUG/RLFM affiliation, along with the #LEGOEaster hashtag, in the comment section for your image to validate your Lucky Draw entry (Please use Toy Photographers!)
5. Each image shared in the Flickr pool counts as one entry – please note that you can only participate once with each image – taking pictures from different angels and uploading them does NOT give additional tickets for the Lucky Draw
6. Ten winners will be drawn randomly from the Lucky Draw Flickr Pool. Winners will be contacted via Flickr Mail asking for your full name. Its up to the Ambassador of your RLUG/RLFM to verify your affiliation. Your prize will ship once your affiliation with an RLUG/RFLM is confirmed.
The Fine Print
This contest is not open to the general public. You will need to be affiliated with a recognized Lego User Group (RLUG) or recognized Lego Fan Media site (RFLM). We define active members of the Toy Photographers community as: writing for the blog; commenting on blog posts; commenting on our IG feed; being an active member of our G+ community; or attending one of our photo meet-ups.
I looked over the rules carefully and the LEGO Group does not appear to be limiting the number of entries (they simply can’t be duplicates). They have not specified ‘new images only’ either. If you can’t create new work because of time or weather, you can still participate.
Why You Should Really ENTer
As an added incentive, The Lego Group may be looking at this Flickr Pool as a resource for their social media channels. If they like your image and want to use it, they will contact you directly and ask permission. How cool is that!?
This is a wonderful opportunity to show the folks at the Mother Ship how awesome our community is. I sincerely hope that you will join the fun and start posting your Easter themed images around the internet and to the Flickr Pool.
If you enjoy what we’re creating here on the blog, we invite you to join our G+ community. You’ll find friendship and conversation in a supportive environment.
Also, don’t forget to subscribe to the blog so we can send you our weekly round-up!
Yay! This looks like fun! I’ll start thinking of some ideas for Easter photos 🙂
Awesome Lynn! This is a contest made for you! And its even on Flickr! 😀
I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
This is awesome! I’ll definitely try to enter a few photos. It means I’ll need to turn to Bricklink and finally nab that Bunny Suit Guy minifig…
Yes I agree, it is totally awesome! While you’re at BrickLink get an extra, you know, as a stunt double! We noticed at Bricks Cascade there was not a bunny suit guy to be had from ANY vendor. Crazy! And very few chickens as well.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with James!
Count me in!
Excellent! You can use the #Toy_Photographers tag on all your photos, then we know you’re one of us. 🙂
I look forward to seeing your images on IG and on FLickr!
I’m feeling happy now, I’ve adopted a new bunny mini figure and a few little bunnies. I can’t wait to go outside and take my bunnies on an excursion, and of course eat lots of eggs and take lots of photos
Fabulous Amy! You;re earlier post on IG was so sad! Im glad you have rectified the situation. I look forward to seeing your posts both on IG and on Flickr!
Great that every toyphotographer can enter 😉
Now I still have to make work of my flickr account 🙂
Thx guys, love your work here!
I can’t tell you how thrilled I was when I first read about this contest. It’s the first LEGO sponsored photo contest that I know of. While there is a lot of grumbling behind the scene about what is or is not a member of a RLUG – I think Brett and I know who are ‘members’ are. I certainly count you amongst our faithful. I look forward to seeing your easter themed photos on IG and Flickr! Don’t forget #toy_photographers. 🙂
Great opportuninty to show or work so i get starting and make some easter pics
Thanks for sharing
Sounds like fun! I’ll have to figure something out over the next few weeks!