As the only American on this blog, and because we Americans are about to enter a major four day holiday weekend, I thought it would be appropriate for me to pause and reflect on what I have to be grateful for.
It turns out I have much to be grateful for and I thought I would share a few of them with you.
- I have a wonderful family that not only supports, but encourages my toy photography.
- I have an amazing group of friends who tolerate me talking about toys and photography endlessly (you know who you are!).
- I have an amazing support group of photographers that continues to inspire and push me to be the best I can be (Thank you Boris, Vesa, Mike and Kristina!)
- I am part of an amazing community that is always respectful, even when the topics are divisive.
- I was part of not only one, but two gallery exhibitions this year!
- Because of the connections I have made on this blog I have had an amazing year that included traveling to Las Vegas and Stockholm to meet other toy photographers. I also spent a magical week with Boris, Wivika and Vesa in March and one with Kristina in November here in Seattle.
So much of what I have to be grateful for revolves around this crazy community and it’s reflected in my 2015 Best of Photo Book (which I just sent to the printer for proofing!). Each photo in this book brings back specific memories about a time, a place or a companion; all the memories are good ones and for me and they reflect time well spent.
For everyone who has signed up for this year’s book exchange (twice as many as last year!) I want to say thank you for your trust and your commitment; I am excited to exchange books with you. I am grateful that you are a part of this community and I look forward to another amazing year together!
What are your best toy related memories from the past year?
What are you most grateful for?